Make Summer ’16 Your Best Ever!
Make Summer ’16 Your Best Ever!
In Canada, summer is short and sweet — so this year, make the most of it with our list of things to do/see to make it memorable!
1) Outdoor Concert/Festival — It’s safe to say that we’ve reached "peak music festival" these days — and we couldn’t be happier! Whether your music tastes lie in electronic, country, indie rock, pop or something in between, you’ve got plenty of options to quench your appetite for live music this summer. Canada is full of great venues and outdoor amphitheatres, so check your local listings to see if your favourite artist is hitting the road. If you’re a fan of all types of music and not just a few musicians, then your best bet is to take in a festival. Think of it as a buffet of all your favourite artists, all in one place — with the choice to choose who you see throughout the weekend. Speaking of buffets, festivals have come in long way — and now offer up everything from finger food to five-star cuisine on site, depending on the venue. Our personal faves right now are Veld, Boots n’ Hearts, and the never not fun Calgary Stampede! So get outside, lay down a blanket, and let the music flow through you. Just remember to hydrate!
2) Glamping — What’s ‘Glamping’ you ask? It’s glamourous camping, and in recent years it’s made its way across the Atlantic. It's giving people new options to experience the outdoors, without sacrificing their sanity. Getting out in the wilderness can be a blast with friends and family, but waking up in a sweltering tent at 5 am and having to hike to the nearest bathroom/shower doesn’t exactly appeal to everyone. Glamping allows people to embrace nature on their own terms, without having to sacrifice too many modern luxuries. Let’s call it the best of both worlds, and depending on your preference for a dwelling (tent, cabin, yurt, hut, treehouse etc.) there are a ton of great ways to experience an outdoor adventure in the great white north. Don’t get us wrong, cities and towns have plenty to offer, but it’s unlikely you’ll be able to have a campfire, sing songs and see the stars unless you get off the grid (at least a little bit).
3) Sitting on the Dock with Palm Bay — Sitting on a dock in a Muskoka chair and listening to the waves lap against the shore — is there a better definition of tranquility? We think not. Add in your favourite cocktail and you’re set for an afternoon of fun in the sun. But who wants to have to go back up to the cottage/cabin to mix another drink? You can save you and your guests the trouble, and fill your cooler with a premixed option like Palm Bay sparkling Vodka beverages. They’re light, refreshing and come in a variety of flavours. Our personal flavourite is the citrusy sensational Tangerine Mist Spritz.
4) Take in a Good Book (or 4) — Speaking of being by the water, one of our personal favourite pastimes is curling up by the lake with a good book. But if you don’t have any access to a body of water, don’t fret – there are plenty of great places to expand your mind and nourish your soul. Hang up a hammock, lay out a blanket, pick up an anti-gravity chair — whatever the case, just make sure it’s outside! Today’s readers have more options then ever like a tablet, e-reader or a good old fashioned paperback. This summer, make sure you check out the buzzworthy ‘Here Comes the Sun’ by Nicole Dennis-Benn.
5) Palm Bay Patio Party (say that 3 times fast) — In Canada, our patio season starts as soon as the temperature climbs above 15 degrees celsius. Winters are long and hard across the country, and most of us want nothing more than to get outside on a deck and put our feet up with our favourite drink. But rather than going out to your local bar and emptying your wallet, why not host your own patio party? And if you’re going that far, why not make it tropical themed potluck with all of your fave people? Add some Palm Bay sparkling vodka beverages to the mix, and you’ve got the makings of an afternoon (and evening) to remember. If it’s an especially hot day, maybe try out Palm Bay frozen drinks that are prepackaged and ready to cool you down, and tantalize your taste buds. Just don’t forget the Tiki torches!
Sponsored by Palm Bay Beverage Co. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram @palmbayspritz